Gazebo and Pavilion Rentals
Wells Park Gazebo Rental Costs (Gazebo only): Residents - $91, Non-Residents - $109. $53 with Auditorium Rental.
The Gazebo at Wells Park (pictured to the right) is available for weddings, concerts, and other occasions.
Front St. Gazebo: Residents- $58, Non-Residents $69.
Reservations made Monday through Friday at the Melbourne Auditorium office at 625 E. Hibiscus Blvd. (321) 608-7420.
Pineapple Park Gazebo: Residents - $96, Non-Residents-$78
Reservations may be made Monday through Friday at the Eau Gallie Civic Center at 1515 Highland Ave (321) 608-7400.
Pavilion Rentals - The Parks & Recreation Department accepts reservations for pavilions throughout our parks for reunions, picnics, birthday parties, and other occasions. Pavilions have picnic tables, electricity and grills. Reservations may be made Monday - Friday at the Parks & Recreation office, 1551 Highland Avenue. (321) 608-7400.
Large Pavilions Cost: $62.00 Resident / $78.00 Non-Residents.
Large Group Rentals: (50 People or more) Resident- $250 with $500 Refundable Security Deposit
Any of our three public pools are available for rent on Saturdays and Sundays during “non-public” swim time between the hours of 9:30am - 11:30am and 5:30pm - 7:30pm (starting May 28th). Pools are not available to rent on holidays. Minimum rental time is two hours and certified lifeguards are provided for your event. Reserving the pool starts April 25, 2016. To reserve a pool for your event, please contact Pat Love at (321) 608-7400.
The Melbourne Auditorium is a flexible, multi-use facility located on Florida's Space Coast and central to accommodations, transportation, and a variety of Florida attractions. To request information or check availability call (321) 608-7420.
The Parks & Recreation Department has a variety of community and civic center facilities available for rent listed below:
- Air conditioning and heat
- Hall rental
- Tables & chairs (incl. set up/tear down)
- Civic Centers
The Melbourne Auditorium is a flexible, multi-use facility located on Florida's Space Coast and central to accommodations, transportation, and a variety of Florida attractions. The Auditorium has proven a flexible venue for many events, including:
- Weddings, Receptions
- Trade Shows
- Sporting and Entertainment Events
A floor plan is available that shows the 20,600 square feet of useable space, including a stage area and main hall (presentation seating for 1336, or 1000 for sporting events), four partitioned dining/meeting rooms (seating for 300 to 1450 for banquets depending on room configuration), and a large lobby with box office.
The Auditorium offers ample parking facilities, and large grounds with lakes that provide lovely settings for outdoor events. The Melbourne area boasts a year-round resort atmosphere, an inviting climate, and numerous visitor amenities.
There are more than 1,800 hotel rooms and a wide variety of restaurants within a five-mile radius of the Auditorium, many offering group rates. Also nearby are two golf courses, tennis, shopping, fishing and other activities. The Auditorium is at the center of the South Brevard County urban area. (Area Map) Its proximity to the Melbourne International Airport, the Greyhound Bus Terminal, the Atlantic Ocean beaches and central Florida attractions make the Auditorium an affordable, enjoyable destination for conferences, trade shows, meetings, and entertainment and sporting events.
Rate information is available upon request from the Auditorium office, (321) 674-5700. The Auditorium is located adjacent to scenic Wells Park.
- Rental deposit of 50% of the total rental fee is required to hold requested dates. Tentative reservations are held for a period of exactly two weeks from date of request. The rental deposit must be received within this two week period to reserve the requested date(s). Make checks payable to the City of Melbourne and send to the Melbourne Auditorium office along with a copy of the Auditorium Rental Rate Quote.
- Rental balance due within two weeks of contracted rental date.
- Signed Contract: Two (2) copies of the lease agreement will be issued after receipt of the required rental deposit. Both copies of the agreement must be signed and returned to the Auditorium office for the manager's signature. One copy of the Lease Agreement with both the signatures of the Auditorium Manager and the Lessee will be returned to the Lessee.
- Copy of beer & wine, or liquor license required when alcohol beverages are to be sold during an event.
- Food Sales and Preparation – Food sales and/or preparation require a license from Brevard County and/or the State of Florida. If already licensed through Brevard County (i.e. schools, hospitals, civic organizations) must notify Brevard Co. (633-2053) of their intent to prepare, serve, or sell food at the Auditorium. All others (restaurants, caterers, civic organizations, private groups, etc.) must obtain a permit from the State of Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulations (1-800-375-6975).
- Comprehensive General Liability policy of insurance with the City of Melbourne named as the additional insured on such a policy. Policy shall reflect limits of insurance not less than $1,000,000.00 Occurrence/Aggregate and be in force at the time the lease commences.
- Copy of City of Melbourne Business Tax Receipt if merchandise is sold during the event.
- Uniformed Melbourne Police Officers required during certain events (determined by the Auditorium Manager)
- Security Guard(s) required when alcohol is consumed on the premises.
- Special Activity Permit required if outdoor activities are planned. Ex: Tents, equipment, games, cooking, car sales/shows, and other planned activities. A Special Activities Application is to be submitted for any outdoor activities. This application is routed to the appropriate City Department for their recommendation. Departments reserve the right to contact the renter for further clarification regarding the outdoor activity. Upon approval from each City Department, a permit to proceed is issued.
- Refundable Security Deposit may be required for sporting events, concerts, wedding receptions etc. Necessity determined by the Auditorium Manager.
Services Included in Each Rental Contract
- 70 Tables (6ft., 8 ft. & round available)
- 500 Chairs
- Set Up and Tear Down by Auditorium Staff
- Maintenance Personnel present during event
- A/C and Heat during event
- Restroom Facilities
- Large Stage - 2,340 sq. ft.
- P.A. System
- Utilities and Electric
- Box Office
- Dressing Rooms (4)
Optional Services and Equipment
- Spotlight & Operator
- Mirror Ball
- Exhibit booth drapes
- Security Guard
- Additional Tables & Chairs
- Concession Services
- On-Site Caterer
- Lighting Technician