The City of Melbourne Code Compliance Division accepts permit applications for shingle re-roofs, residential HVAC change-outs, electrical service upgrades, minor plumbing work, swimming pool resurfacing, window and door replacement, hurricane shutters, fences, and other minor activities via e-mail.
Instructions for E-Mail Permitting
- Scan all submittal documents (signed/notarized permit applications, notices of commencement, plans, product approvals, surveys, etc.) that are required for your permit type into a PDF file (300 dpi). If engineered, the engineer’s seal must be visible on the scan. All plans, product approvals, surveys, etc., must be clearly marked indicating what work is being done, methods used, locations, etc.
- Attach the document to your e-mail and send to email@example.com. Please note that e-mail attachments must be less than 10 MB in size.
- Upon approval of your application you will be called with a permit number and the cost of the permit. You can pay for the permit over the phone using a credit card at this time.
- Permits can be issued after payment has been made. If you choose to pay by credit card over the phone, we can issue your permit immediately upon payment. (We accept MasterCard, Discover and American Express.) There will a 2.95% processing fee for using a credit card. Or, you can physically come into the office to pay for your permit by check or cash.
- Once payment has been received, the permit will be issued, scanned, and e-mailed to you at the e-mail address provided.
- You will be required to print the approved permit package and have it posted on the job-site at inspection.
- Inspections are to be called into the AIRS system as normal.
PLEASE NOTE: E-Mail Permitting Is Limited To Licensed Contractors Only.
Homeowners who are acting as owner-builder must appear in person:
Code Compliance Division:
City Hall, 2nd Floor
900 E. Strawbridge Ave.
Melbourne, FL 32901