Stay Informed During an Emergency:
Sign Up for CodeRED Today!
The City of Melbourne uses the CodeRED messaging system to distribute emergency information and critical community alerts. Examples include: evacuation notices, boil water notices, and missing child reports.
Residents and businesses can sign up to receive emergency notifications via telephone, cell phone, text message and/or e-mail.
Click here to register for CodeRED.
If you cannot register online, you can call the City's ECO Division at 321-608-5080 and speak with someone who can register for you.
- A CodeRED emergency message will have a caller ID of 866-419-5000. You can program this number into your cell phone as a contact. After you receive a message, you can dial this number to hear the message again.
- The CodeRED system will leave the message on an answering machine. If the line is busy, it will try two more times to connect.
- There are some circumstances that might prevent a message from being delivered:
- Your contact information has changed and you have not registered your new information.
- You only have a cordless phone and your power is out.
- Your line is busy for an extended period and your calls do not forward to voice mail.
- You have a privacy manager on your main phone and you did not register an alternate number.
Privacy Notice: Only authorized officials have access to the CodeRED system. The company will not sell, trade, lease or loan any citizen-supplied information to third parties.